View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-26, 14:58

For the most part, I have not yet encountered any outright hostility, although a lady behind us in the store this morning was a tad too impatient—she was "trying " to be polite, which is code for "I'm never actually polite at all, regardless of this thing, so just get out of my way already because I am always a rude person." I reminded myself that I have seen absolutely no increase in rudeness, but actually a decrease. The rude people are the same rude people that existed 2 months ago, and they will continue to exist 2 months from now. The rude people who are actually being nice right now are the ones who were just having a bad day/week/month, etc. 2 months ago and now have an opportunity to gain some much needed perspective. Keep in mind that this is Idaho. In general, we are not stacked 500 deep, we make eye contact, and we have a general sense of politeness built into us.

But, we do have our idiots. I'm calling this out because this woman is taking the wrong approach to the current situation*. She is obviously stressed and "concerned for her safety", but she is the one people should be concerned about, not because she's packing heat, but because she is abusing the power that packing heat can give you. I will quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
- Be patient and kind. Others are going through the same thing, and many have it a lot worse.
I am only going to speak from the American perspective: We have a tendency to pull together when the crap goes down. We did it after 9/11, and we will do it now. The asshats like the lady in the article above are outliers (so far).

*Do not make this political, or it is getting moved to the other thread!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)