View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-18, 16:02

But what if they could create a low-cost iMac for those scenarios, with a good-enough display, etc.? For $799ish? Would that be an attractive proposition for people? Not having to go buy some mismatched display, the right cable, etc. There is beauty and purpose in the AIO thing, it's just a shame Apple can't figure out how to make a well-under $1,000 model that doesn't come across like a total joke of a turd. But I don't think they're looking to play in that sandbox...they've had plenty of time to do it, and then haven't.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised the Mac mini is still around. But it goes about 38 years between updates, so...

The trick, I guess, is finding yourself needing one about four days after they are updated. Otherwise you're looking at buying 2-3 year-old specs/features/performance at the full price they came with upon introduction. That's always irked me. If you're not going to update stuff on a reasonable, somewhat predictable schedule, maybe throw folks a bone on the pricing after 18-24 months of silence/no movement? Knock $50-100 or so off so that buying one, two-plus years after it was introduced, doesn't feel like a complete screw-job. I'll maybe take it in the shorts a little, but come on...there is a limit.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-04-18 at 16:12.