View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-16, 16:54

I know it's not hard evidence, but just talking amongst my circle of friends, family, etc., only a sliver of them are on an iPhone 6 or 6s (either size). The bulk, by far, have (purposely) stayed with their 5/5s/5c (or 4s, in a couple of cases) a bit longer than they expected or planned, simply because they, like me, never fully bought into the "bigger is automatically better for a phone" thing (they, like me, assumed the iPhone 6, while adding the two new larger sizes, would still keep the 4" in the mix to make for a really nice, well-rounded lineup; it kinda let the air out of us when it didn't go that way).

And we've all had plenty of time (18 months) to try them out in various ways, and many of us just don't like them. I don't give a shit what the sales figures, reviews, adoption rates, etc. are...I haven't bought one. And that's the only data/figure that matters to me.

I've let all of these folks know about Monday's event, and I know about 6-8 people who are set on go, ready to make a move.

Feels great to have an event I'm actually excited about/truly looking forward to. Been way too long!