View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-03-01, 17:16

I'm trying to get a cloud storage set up going with my web server that's running CentOS and Plesk 9.0.1. There is a File Server Module on Plesk but I can't seem to get it working as I would like. Sure it might be due to my lack of knowledge, but I need to either get it working or get another solution.

Here's what I need: A space in the could that my mom can seamlessly connect to using her Mac via Finder and mainly WinXP (through Parallels). In doing this my brother will also need access to this same file area so he can manage the files via his PC.

My mom isn't doing her books anymore and my brother has taken on the task. My mom uses Quicken (09 I think) and so does my brother. The idea is that when my mom opens up Parallels to enter her checkbook data that it's connecting to the cloud server. My brother can also access the same file so he can make the real changes and updates. My mom is really only going to be looking for reference and oversight while my brother does the actual work.

Now, I can do this through my actual web server or my local server here at the house that's running SME which is CentOS based too. Any ideas on how to make this work for us? If not, do you know of a solution that fits my needs?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.