View Single Post
Screech

2006-02-17, 21:42

I bought a Powerbook in December.

Best. Computer. Ever. I was not too keen with Macs despite never using them. Windows was fine -- I'm safe around the net, so I don't get many viruses, although I still did get swarmed with spy- and ad-ware -- but Windows was dull and uninspiring. I never looked forward to booting up a "boring" PC. Using a Mac is just fun. And I don't even think about computing, I just do it. I love this thing..

But onto the real issue...

The "N" key on my keyboard continually snaps off. I have tried to remove the key and put it back in, but it still continually snaps off. It's very annoying (especially considering my name's first letter is "N") and unexpected for such a quality (and expensive) machine.

I also am having major AirPort issues. The thing often needs a restart, as the connection drops out and never comes back. I try rebooting AirPort; no luck. Only a reboot fixes the issue.

I'm probably going to take it in tomorrow.. I have no idea how Apple support works, or what they'll do. I had a small touchpad problem a week after buying this, but Apple just swapped it out with a new one. I've had two iPods and both have worked perfectly.

What will they do in this situation? Will it be in for a long repair? How does support at the Apple Store work?