View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2007-08-22, 09:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Doing so on a Mac Mini is a grey area of whether or not it is within the scope of your warranty.

Some here will claim otherwise but I have yet to see it in writing that ram is user installable on the mini.

(Hopefully this has changed).
I think that I would have risked the warranty. My one-year standard warranty is almost up in any event.

I just thought it would be a bit complicated to do it myself. I found some good instructions online, but the RAM change procedure for the new Mini is quite a bit more involved than I would have liked. I am sure that I could have done it, but I figured that, with my inexperience, it would have taken me an evening (a ‘nervous’ evening), while ‘pros’ can do it in half an hour. I was willing to pay for their time in order to have it done quickly and without any fuss.

This is not turning out so well, as the shop still has not gotten around to doing the half hour job and can’t tell me when it will be ready. If I don’t get it by tomorrow, I am taking it back, ordering RAM online, and doing it myself.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.