View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2010-02-08, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
I can't remember the title of the movie, but wasn't there some years ago something about some explodig fuel tanks on GM cars, Quagmire?

Never said GM was immune to this either. But, it doesn't mean I can't enjoy Toyota's collapse( not literally) to the people who hold Toyota to having impeccable vehicles with no quality problems and say Toyota's actions are not acceptable. It is one thing to have a big recall( it is a common part put in vehicles that sold well), but it is another on ignoring it since this started happening back in 2004. It has been known for awhile that Toyota's quality has slipped( compare the interior to a 2004 Camry to a 2007 Camry. Quality on the 2004 is better). Just the fans I have noticed are not capable of criticizing Toyota. A companies best critics are their fans as if they are not happy, the company will suffer. If the people who keep on buying Toyota's can not criticize them, Toyota will not have any motivation to change and improve. The Big 3 found this out the hard way when they ignored the customer and we know what happened then.....

But, I believe it was with the Corvair where GM deemed it cheaper to deal with the lawsuits then to recall the vehicle over the steering column design flaw until Nader came out and brought it to light( anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

giggity