View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-16, 06:12

Yeah, I would’ve loved a smaller, one-hand model like the previous SE (or, as a pipe dream, a 4.7”ish full face display in that same 5/5s/SE body size). But, as I said in the lead-up thread in S&R, I think, in 2020, Apple is out of the 4” display business (and a full-face design probably wouldn’t be an attractive $399).

They split the difference in a way that goes as small, and affordable, as they seem okay with. I guess all these games, trendy apps, etc. are all tailored for these larger screens and some of them just aren’t going to look/feel right on such a small screen?

If I, Mr. One Hand Evangelist, can accept a 4.7” model, then everyone else can as well. And I’ve also accepted that my dream iPhone - the 4.x” full-face display in a 5/5s/SE sized body - is most likely a no-go st this point, so I have to be okay with the next best thing. 4.7” works for me better than those 5-6” models. In four years, I can revisit/reassess everything. There’s no ttelling what crazy design/sizes may be common then. But I’m set until at least spring/summer of 2024 now.

If history is anything to go by, this new SE will be inexplicably discontinued in two-and-a-half years, followed by a third-generation SE in the style/design of the iPhone 11/12 in spring 2024.

Or this bastard virus kills everyone, the monkeys take over, and suddenly none of this silly shit even matters anymore.

Either way.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-04-16 at 06:25.