View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-18, 05:35

Not bad at all. I was talking about this very thing with someone just yesterday, about how for the first time in a while I can enthusiastically recommend several key Apple products to others without a half-dozen caveats or “yeah, but...” follow-ups.

Feels nice.

My uncle and Mom are looking to step up from their 2009-2013 era Macs, my Dad and stepmom are definitely replacing their 5s(!) and SE iPhones, and I have four others in my life looking to upgrade (or buy for the first time) one of these mentioned Apple products. And I’m there to offer advice, info and guidance in a way that doesn’t make me cringe inside.

The people I know are regular folks. They do okay but none of them are wealthy, more-money-than-sense types just looking to fling gobs of money on stuff for all the wrong reasons. Right now I can feel good about recommending some things to them.

I know Apple wants to cater to that up-market, luxury crowd - and that’s fine, nobody’s saying they can’t - but they cannot - and should not - forget The Rest of Us. We count too, and our money is just as green and our loyalty is just as strong. It’s nice to see some quality, no-apologies offerings for those on more realistic, practical budgets.

I don’t know anyone truly looking to drop $700+ on a damn phone. But $400, and with a design/interface they’re already super comfortable/familiar with? I know people like that by the bucketload...pretty much everyone I know. I don’t have to resent and slam Apple for the first time in quite a while. I could get used to this...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-04-18 at 07:44.