View Single Post
¡Damned!

2004-07-18, 19:45

The worst thing I've probably done is to shoot one of my brother's friends in the back with a BB-Gun.

It happened while I was in Grade 6, and my teacher asked us to write a report on what we wanted to be when we 'grew up'. I wanted to be a Hit-Man. It was the weekend previous to the turning in of our 'picks', and I was out with my little Daisy in the back woods behind my house. Well, I saw one of my little brother's chums poking around in the brush, sighted him in, and fired upon his back (it was late autumn, and he was wearing a thick wool vest, so I knew I wasn't going to hurt him).

Alas, I underestimated the power of my little Daisy friend (but luckily not my aim). It did indeed hurt him. Or at least stung badly by the way he dropped rolling and clutched his back. I ran up to him asking if he was OK, and he immediately knew I had fired upon him. I made up some story about shooting upwards at a quail or some flighted beast and that the BB must have inadvertently dropped down from heaven to his poor back. I don't think he completely believed me, but, well, I had a gun in my hand and I think he agreed to the fact that God was punishing us for being out in the blueberry fields on a Sunday morning. Gah. I was sick to my stomach.

When Monday came around I picked 'Landscape Architect'. I got an A.

So it goes.