View Single Post
LAmezq3984

2005-11-04, 14:05

Did anyone else notice how Apple is moving away from the "i" prefix and using two word titles even more for their programs now? examples are Dashboard and FrontRow, that go along with the standards Quicktime, FinalCut, GarageBand ( I know there are others I am forgetting). That might be a big hint as to where Apple is going with their naming system for their hardware as well. As I speculated in another post, I talked about how Apple was moving towards the living room, and that with their thinking, they would have a seperate device, because "nobody wants to watch TV on their computer", and I called the device "CenterStage", because the software gives you the best seat in the house and the ability to control whats going on, so its called FrontRow.So you would be in the front row controlling whats on center stage! I am guessing that iLife might be called something different when its released. This all makes sense, as Apple will want to move in a new direction with the upcoming intel machines, and having software reflect that is a very good strategy. Apple is starting to see the whole "i" naming system get old, and its time to move on. I like this new naming system, because it still feels very Apple. the i worked in a time when they needed to push the idea that the internet can make your life easier (debatable, haha), and controlling your digital content should be something that was easy, and that you could do yourself. Now that users get that, and everyone else is starting to catch up, Apple needs to move on from it. Any views or opinions on this?