View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2010-01-21, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Apparently, you've failed to consider the notion that there is a thriving Christian community in Haiti, who would likely be the ones requesting Bibles.
Yes, I'm sure they're much more concerned with getting Bibles than, oh, food, water, medicines... Sorry, don't buy it for a moment.

Quote:
And most countries have a Bible Society, which would be charged with distributing Bibles through whatever channels they have that still exist. I cannot say I'm 100% certain, but it's extremely unlikely that anyone is being pulled off humanitarian service to distribute Bibles nationally.

At this point, the airport is still backed up but land and sea routes are in use. Many Christian groups have long worked in Haiti and are using helicopters, ships and small planes to bypass the main airport traffic situation.
So why aren't they ferrying food, water, and medical supplies instead?

Oh right. Because those aren't as important as establishing a mental beachhead when people are vulnerable and desperate to cling to anything. Gotta move while the opportunity is hot, y'know.

I mean, yeah, it's their equipment and personnel to do with as they please, but I think situations like this really expose people's true priorities, regardless of their *stated* ones.

Quote:
With regard to Scientology, I personally think that Travolta flight is mainly PR.
And that differs from the Bibles... how, exactly?

Last edited by Kickaha : 2010-01-21 at 11:55.