View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-04-28, 08:39

They must have pretty decent machines to be playing the game AND capturing the video in 20-something minute segments over the course of a game. During this particular team's Season 14 run Vechs asks Zeisto about the longest game and the reply was around 4 hours(!). That's quite the commitment!

The other thing I noticed about this team's sequence was how Vechs would every so often drop a homoerotic pun about wood and shafts and such to Zeisto, who would uncomfortably reply with "yeaaaahh...." (or no reply at all)... no idea if that was for real or some inside joke but it was amusing nonetheless.

I don't think we all have beefy enough rigs to record ourselves in such a game, but it would be fun to play something.

I really like the sound plugin they were using - stereo sound, so you could tell where other players were in relation to you, and as they got further away their "channel" was reduced in volume... so you could tell when you were too far away from someone, or when another team was nearby.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter