View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-07-31, 17:54

Here's one for you genius web developers out there. I really need some help here.

On the Windows version of Firefox (it works properly in the Mac version and I haven't yet tried the Linux version), I have encountered a problem with PNG transparency. It seems that in some circumstances the transparent part of the PNG will forget to update and will leave crumbs behind from the previous blitting.

Here's an example. Go to my personal gallery page and move your cursor to the right, to the left, and to the right over the image piles. On the Mac, the images swap out properly on the hover state. It's just a simple application of the a.hover function in CSS, nothing fancy.

One thing that I suspected could be the culprit is a script I added for supporting PNGs in Internet Explorer, but Firefox continues to do does exactly the same thing without the script.

And here I thought Firefox rocked my socks for PNGs.

Does anyone here have any ideas about what could be causing this? Any ideas for a fix? I'll post a movie of this problem in action shortly. Thanks in advance!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.