Thread: Apple and Tesla
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-07-24, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I think I'd have to be one of those guys that removed the car's logo if it were an Apple Logo. While Apple could extend it's reach with auto manufacturing added to it's portfolio, I think it would muddy their waters way too much.
I don’t think we’ll ever see the Apple logo on the hood of a car. It would look a little goofy and asymmetrical in a bad way. I think they’d either have a different logo/brand that fits cars better, or they’d buy a brand like Tesla.

Tesla’s logo is the ugliest thing on the car. It (and the logotype that goes with it) is trying way too hard to be futuristic and sci-fi, like a teenager’s vision of what looks “badass” rather than something that inspires confidence in its design or engineering. It’s maaaybe fine for a concept car startup, but electric cars are fast becoming the present, and Tesla is outgrowing it. A luxury car shouldn’t have a logo evocative of a game console.

Apple kept the Beats logo because the Beats logo was good. It was also super recognizable; ask people in its target market to draw it and I bet a bunch of them could. I’m not sure many people could accurately draw the Tesla logo from memory; it’s a little too complex and weirdly fragile-looking.

It’s just bad and honestly amateurish, unbecoming of a luxury car. Like, the crossbar of the T is the thick part, and the vertical stroke is the thin part? That’s backwards and makes the icon look weirdly top-heavy.

I think Apple would redraw the “T” icon to something simpler and sturdier, and then ditch the dated-looking sci-fi movie logotype for something more modern.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong