View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-01, 11:50

So, I weighed in this morning at 171. That's another 2 pounds gone last week! This "cutting" phase is working quite well, and I am now 6 pounds from my goal. I'm concerned, though, because the last bit of belly fat is still there and not going away (visually speaking), which leads me to wonder if I'm burning off muscle because I'm not lifting.

Any thoughts from you guys?

I know that unused muscle mass can get snipped off, but I'm feeding my body quite a lot of protein. So, I'm not sure what to make of it. It sure looks like there is 5 pounds of fat on that sucker, and I can still get the same quantity balled up in my hands.

Still, I can see hitting my goal by the end of February (at least as far as target weight is concerned), and that makes me super happy. I've decided that, no matter what, when I hit 165 I'm going to A) celebrate with a very nice meal and a donut, and B) shift to bulking.

*Sigh*

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)