View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-04-25, 16:18

I agree with a level of moderation for sure. I don't want Twitter being 4chan for tweens. Realistically though, if it were to go down that path it would die on the Vine.

Really though, people would stop using it. I think there is a strong balance of free speech and content moderation. The problem is there are tons of gray areas and what is green to me might be red to someone else. Not everyone is going to be happy with ANY moderation. The reality is, the issue/concern about being moderated will work itself out through attrition if nothing else.

What I'm most interested in is what becomes the money maker for the platform. Clearly the users are still the product, but does that change and if so how?

Stepping back from it, it is still wild that one guy decided he wanted to buy it, was told no. Then those same people who said no now say yes. What changed their minds? Wasn't there this lingering question of how will Twitter become really profitable anyway? From a business perspective it seems really odd.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.