View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-03, 13:32

I forgot to update this....

I signed a contract for a solar system back in November. It was the best option we found though it doesn't go full off-grid. It utilizes two Tesla Powerwalls and a fairly large scale system to cover all of our needs.

We don't have it installed yet, and may not ever at this point. It seems there is a meter base we need that is currently "on back order". Expected availability is around 51 weeks. Do the math, that is like a whole YEAR!

Anyway, I'm still hoping it works out but am doing way more research and trying to figure out the best way to proceed if this doesn't workout. The real issue we have is my home was equipped with "non-standard" service from the current meter to the service panels. The parts to "standardize" it are really hard to come by right now due to (pick and excuse) so we can't proceed.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.