View Single Post
addison
Formerly “AWM”

2011-10-13, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
What a beautiful and simple imagery.

Too bad it's wrong.

The grim reality is that business and government has been in bed for very long time. Doubt it? Count how many bailouts we've had in recent pasts and that was amid the chatter of "down with greedy fat cats!". Look at how regulatory agency works to help crappy companies stay in power by keeping out newcomers.
I always bring this argument up when people tell me we had some kind of pure free market the past couple years. Crony capitalism/state directed capitalism/fascism...whatever you want to call it has been going on for almost a hundred years in this country. A recent example is the three "free trade" agreements that passed overwhelmingly yesterday and will become law today. Who helped write them? There is no reason a free trade agreement needs to be the size of several phonebooks. And if you oppose it you are denounced as advocating protectionism.

OWS hasn't really said what they are for yet, though I have heard some student loan whiners being interviewed, but I hope they stay decentralized and resist being co opted. I have noticed the unions hanging around though which isn't a good sign. Teamsters thug Jimmy Hoffa Jr. was down there the other day being interviewed. He had nothing to say though I was surprised that he took aim at Apple. I've never heard them singled out before but when you are sitting on $80 billion in cash you are an easy target!