View Single Post
JohnnyTheA

2011-10-13, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
That might have been the original concern, but the Tea Party was quickly co-opted by the Koch brothers and other corporate influences that saw a way to...
Well these occupy people have their supporters also (think Soros)

Quote:
Don't people get it by now? It's government vs. business. Period. It's never about us.
Are you kidding? Every since credit Mobilier government has been in bed with business.

The BIG difference I see between the Tea Party and the Occupy folks is where their protests are targeted at. The Tea Party protests the actions of the government. That is pretty straight-forward to me. While I think these folks are a little Cooky, protesting what the government does makes sense. I mean they are supposed to represent "the people" so if "the people" have problems with they way they do that, it makes sense to complain about the government.

The Occupy weirdos are protesting business and rich people. Okay, companies are supposed to represent their share-holders PERIOD. That is the way the corporate system is set up. Apple doesn't hold an election and let the public decide how much an iPhone will cost. They hold an election of the share-holders and they decide how things are run.

Now, if you think government is giving too much of a free ride to corporations, then the target of protest should be the government NOT the corporations. They have a fiduciary responsibility to earn as much profit as they can. In-theory, they could be sued by their share-holders if they do otherwise. Go ahead and protest but protest the GOVERNMENT for letting corporations get away with so much.

Ahhh.. But there is one reason they the Occupy-folks won't do that. It is because the current government is mostly controlled by the party they favor (Big D's). It all gets back to crazy partisan politics.

JTA