View Single Post
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2017-03-04, 10:26

Think you're unlucky?

You ain't got nothing on this poor bastard.

A GRANDAD has survived a gas explosion, been run over twice, walked away from a ten-car pile-up and suffered a heart attack – where he “died” 17 times.

Ian Francis, 48, went blind at age 24, underwent a brain op, had a kidney removed, been electrocuted, narrowly escaped an IRA bomb attack — and his guide dog ran away.

“I must be the luckiest bloke in Britain to still be here after all that.”

Ian’s latest near-miss came on Valentine’s Day.

After suffering a heart attack, Ian ‘died’ 17 times in the ambulance as paramedics battled to bring back from the brink

A gas canister exploded in his neighbour’s home in Oxford, causing a three-storey block of six flats to collapse.

One resident died.

Ian, who lives with girlfriend Sammy Clark, 34, said: “Our block is attached to it and nearly fell down as well.

“Luckily we’d popped out to the shops.”

Ian's timeline of misfortune
  • Ian’s bad luck began in 1989 when he an electric shock from a TV he was fixing threw him across the room.
  • Three years later he was electrocuted again by a faulty socket.
  • Ian’s last scrape with death came after he dodged a killer blast on Valentine’s Day. Despite missing the blast after popping to the shops, Ian was left homeless
    A gas canister exploded in his neighbour’s home in Oxford, causing a three-storey block of six flats to collapse
    He said: “I was rushed to hospital with burns on my hand.
  • "It was that year that I was registered blind. I was born partially sighted and it just got worse over the years.”
  • In 1993 a stolen van ran him over.
  • In 1996 he was in the next street as an IRA bomb injured 200 in Manchester.
  • Two years later a growth was found on his brain. He said: “I said my goodbyes to my children.
    “But they managed to take it out through my ear.”
    Dad-of-five Ian joked: 'The Grim Reaper is after me. I keep telling him to bugger off'
  • Another hit and run driver almost killed him in 2006.
  • Months later he had a heart attack in the street.
    He “died” 17 times in the ambulance as paramedics kept battling to bring back from the brink.
  • The next month an accidental Prozac overdose left him in intensive care.
  • Four years ago he survived a ten-car pile-up on the M4.
  • In June 2015 his guide dog Toffee ran off for three days.
  • In December he had his right kidney removed in a cancer scare.
  • Last month he was fitted with a pacemaker. Then came the gas blast
Ian, who has six grandkids, said: “It’s crazy. But at least it gives me a few good stories to tell people.”

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

Last edited by curiousuburb : 2017-03-04 at 10:51.