View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-31, 16:23

Oh that's right. I think I read those (might've even been here). But they were so stupid I must've blocked them from my memory.

There's your studio execs, folks. When they're not chasing Gwyneth Paltrow naked around a billiards table, they're writing emails like this with a straight face.

I'd buy/read a book of nothing but this sort of stuff, if only to confirm everything I've ever thought/believed about what probably goes on during the production of high-profile, tentpole properties and summer/holiday blockbusters. I'd possibly give my left nut to see emails between Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams in that 2015-2019 timeframe.

"Kathy, none of these notes you sent make any sense. - JJ"

"JJ, Have you seen these fans? I don't think they have to. PS - Do we own any of the Battlestar Galactica shit, because I have a cool idea... - KK"

"Can I quit? Please? - JJ"

"Do so and you can kiss that Jaws remake goodbye. I'll make it my mission to see you never get to pretend you're George or Steven again! And I'll take back every one of those flannel shirts...you try me if you think I'm playing! - KK"

"More pew-pew-pew, I take it? - JJ"

"More pew-pew-pew. Good boy. PS - we still need a lot more incoherency in that third act. - KK"

"On it! - JJ"