View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-22, 14:20

At this point I'm really glad it doesn't look like my current contract to have solar installed is going to happen. I've been learning a ton about solar and what I'm actually after in a system. This delay has allowed me to learn things like the Tesla PowerWall only outputs 40A continuous where a battery like this can output 100A continuous. Stack six of these batteries in parallel and you get more total amps out, more kWh of energy and about the same cost of one PowerWall. Oh, and you get the ability to replace bad cells as opposed to the whole thing.

A battery set like this and I get to do the install and basic management where I would have to pay for a "pro installer" to do the PowerWall.

For the inverters, my contract is for smaller capacity than I need and for only one of my 200A breaker panels. I have two 200A panels that need power. I've learned about Sol-Ark that can actually tie together and power both panels. With something like these I can still manage the battery bank and do a lot of the stuff myself. Heck, these inverters even support a generator feed so I can charge the batter bank with my generator if I am in such a situation!

Sure I can't tie into the grid or replace my meter main, but I can handle lots of little things.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.