View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-01, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
turtle2472, your tower photos are a bit like colour versions of the 1920s stuff when photographers were just getting used to the new Art Deco skyscrapers (Empire State Building, etc.) that were springing up, and therefore taking lots of photos of them. You've got a funky colour look going on in the one you posted to this thread: is that just the early sunshine or a bit of PS? I like the palette, reminds me a little of early Ektachrome that's starting to fade a bit.

What do you think of this guy's photos? He starts off with a great idea, decently executed (her eye is just starting to close, instinctively ), and then it sort of peters into a studenty, badly-edited collection of photos, a few of which are excellent and many of which show real talent. Just a young photographer whose stuff I came across a couple of days ago.
I hadn't seen his works before, thanks for the link though. I'll go through those pages in the near future.

As for my tower, it was taken at sunset. The shadow line just above the concrete and below the yellow stuff is created by the sun being pretty close to the horizon already. It just so happens that that wall faces mostly west. No PS in post production, just a touch of sharpening. Thanks for asking.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.