View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-03, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Hmm... I like the idea of this particular subject, but we generally shy away from creating new forums until an actual need arises for them, else they are likely to go silent and stagnate from inactivity.
Well, I didn't mean to suggest that you would have to run and create it right now. I don't know how long it takes to set up a forum or anything but I was thinking it could maybe launch for Halloween/NaNoWriMo? And then maybe the Halloween speed holes (there will be Halloween speed holes, right? Not massive scary spiders?) could link to people's horror stories, which might help the forum get some initial traffic.

I'm sure there would be times where it would be more busy than others, but I think it'd be really awesome if the Halloween "challenge" actually becomes sort of a regular thing, so maybe that would keep it sort-of-hopping, at least in bursts around the times when people post their finished writings.

Also, if this is OMG actually happening, it should totally be forum #27, just because.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong