View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-09, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Nice! How exactly did you interface with the iPod itself? Did you figure out the pins and go straight to the dock port? Or did you modify the existing power adapter somehow?
Actually I just got a switched AAA battery pack from RadioShack and same for the regulator. I connected it with a female USB port. This means you would just use your normal USB cable for your iPod to power it. I wouldn't mind doing it with a dock connector to lessen the cable length, but then I figured the cable length was actually good so you could just leave the battery pack stashed while working with your iPod.

Once I get back home I'll try to post a picture of it. abb did something similar at the same time I did mine (I think I got the idea from him) but he shoved his into an Altoids tin.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.