View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-07-12, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
OH!

How could I forget?! A few years ago, we had these ads that were developed locally, iirc; and then I think they went national, or at least into a few other states, because they were SO effective.

The one I remember best was of a teenage guy and his girlfriend sitting in a movie theater watching the screen, and he is holding a large drink cup into which he is surreptitiously spitting tobacco juice.

Without looking, his girlfriend absentmindedly reaches over for a sip of his pepsi, takes the cup from his hand (he doesn't notice what she's doing), and takes a huge swallow... of all that brown tobacco spit.

Omg! Everyone just died when they saw that the first few times. It was a complete and utter gross-out. *shudder*

Did anyone ever see that one? I 'think' it went national, but I'm not really sure.
Ew.

When I was in California with my entourage (okay, my friend's entourage), we rented this big H2 limo. It was based on the H2 SUT, so the back end was a convertable - I think it was the only one in the state like that. Right after we leave the Walt Disney Concert Hall (Frank Gehry > Frank Lloyd Wright, Carol!) this guy in a dumpy car throws a Big Gulp at us - it nails my friend, and gets us all really sticky and nasty. At least, we thought it was a Big Gulp. After examining the inside of the cup, we discover that he was using the cup as a tobacco spittoon. It was so disgusting.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong