View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-07-13, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeriatric
Hello. Did someone mention my name? Helloooo...... oh well never mind......
You're changing your name to theduck??

OMG, I can't believe I didn't remember this one until now... Carl's Jr hamburger chain. Saw the ad run *once* in SLC, UT, and apparently it was the only time it aired in the region, after the phone calls flooded in to complain.

So Carl's Jr is known for their big, sloppy burgers. (They bought the horrible Hardee's chain a few years back, that's when Hardee's became edible - so anyone who's had a StarBurger, ThickBurger, etc, thank Carl's Jr.) They show this guy sitting in the park, eating one of their burgers. *plop* A big gobbet of goo slides out the back end (of the burger you pervs) and lands on his shirt. He looks down, grins big, and keeps chowing down. Voice over is talking about "Carl's Jr loads up so many tasty goodies, blah blah blah" all the while, *plop* *grin* *chow* *plop* *grin* etc.

And then get to the end...

"Carl's Jr..."

Busty blonde in tight dress is walking by, trips, dumps her drink all over the poor guy's shirt.

"If it doesn't get all over the place..."

Blonde: "OMG! I'm so sorry! Let me help you!"

"...it doesn't belong in your face."

Cut to cleavage. Cut to mess on shirt. Cut to guy.... cocking one eyebrow and grinning the biggest grin yet.

Never saw the ad again, but the last three lines was their slogan for years.