View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-10-25, 18:13

Okay, I'm bumping this thread.

I can't remember if I ever mentioned that Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial. In the first scene, some guy picks up something a baby in a stroller had dropped and hands it to the baby. Someone sees him do this, and in turn, 'that' person does something nice later in the day, and someone else sees that good deed... etc, etc. It becomes a whole chain of random acts of kindess, and in the end, comes back to the man and the baby.

Seriously, this commercial is truly great, in my opinion. It points out that the good we do can multiply and spread beyond our imagining. In this age of violence born out of hatred and intolerance, such a commercial is a gem. If I mentioned it before, I apologize; I didn't reread the thread. But if I'm mentioning it twice... well, I can't feel too bad about that.

The commercial has been out for months, and I just saw it again the other night. I liked it even more than before, which is pretty amazing. Usually, no matter how good a commercial is, you just get sick of it eventually.

I hope the ad agency wins just masses of awards for this wonderful and inspiring piece of work.