View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-25, 11:14

Of course there are worse options than Jennings or Sykes (the cast of Jersey Shore, any of those "Real Housewives", RuPaul, George Stephanopoulos, Pauly Shore, Ozzy Osbourne, pretty much any full-time YouTuber or Instagram "influencer", etc.).

But Jennings and Sykes actually tend to land media/hosting gigs and have a bit of TV presence/history, so those are legitimate concerns and the reason I pointed them out.

As for Vieira, I'd be okay with that. She did a decent job on that other game show she hosted. She's charming/witty, pleasant to look at for 30 minutes and has plenty of TV/on air experience. I didn't think about her, but I'd be okay with that. Not sure if she's looking to sign a long-haul, decades-long contract at her age (66), but maybe she'd be up for 5-10 years? These things only tape a short amount of the year, like a lot of game shows, so she'd have plenty of time to relax or pursue other things.

But I bet they're gonna shoot for someone a bit younger "with legs" that they can lock in for a least 20 years or so. Jennings is 46, and if I did my math correctly, Trebek was about 44 when he started hosting the show in 1984, so that's right where Jennings is, and a solid 20 years younger than Vieira. He could easily do it for 20 years and then retire at 65-66 and hand it over to someone we probably don't even know yet.

I just hope the established tone/vibe is maintained, whoever they go with. There are already plenty of loud, obnoxious, dumbed-down and "clapping seal" game shows in existence. There needs to be at least one that doesn't totally celebrate/champion shallow dumbassery and terminal oblivitardation.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-25 at 11:33.