View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-12-11, 11:46

An update. In Episode 30 we talked about various things, and I brought a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and a taster of Johnny Walker Blue Label.

It was fun.

He has a new episode about once every two weeks, and has invited me for a once/month sitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
$2,000?!? When did Apple get into the whiskey business?

And I squawk at the price of a 12-pack of Coors...

What's your topic going to be, if you're being given the chance to choose?

Apple-related? Star Wars? This place? Or does it have to be booze-related? I guess so, if that's what the podcast is about.
Yeah, it's booze related—mostly bourbon—but we dove into scotch a bit.

My favorite budget whiskey is Jim Beam Black Label Extra Aged, and my favorite of all is Four Roses Single Barrel. I have quite a few new bottles in my bar that I haven't tried but am looking forward to, including McKenna and Buffalo Trace.

I've just remodeled a rather useless corner of my living room into an actual bar (with shelves, mirror, bar-top, mini-fridge, stools, storage, the whole nine yards). Seats two comfortably, holds 30 bottles on the shelves, plenty of beer things and glasses and all that. I love it and it completely changes the space. As a growing aficionado, it's fun to have a whiskey bar right in the house. Way cheaper than those places normal people go.

As for the Pappy being $2000, that's actually cheap, and it wasn't my bottle. My friend's friend won the opportunity to buy a bottle in the Idaho liquor lottery, and then shared with us. I would never pay that for a bottle of the stuff.

Well, unless maybe I suddenly become a go-zillionaire, but even then I can think of a better use of 2 grand!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-04-27 at 17:55.