View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-30, 12:37

I was at a pub last night (sitting distant from everyone, blah, blah...I can't just stay here at the damn house forever, for crying out loud; I'm about to throw myself off a bridge, FFS). Anyway, they've changed the laws in my little town/community within the outer limits of Chattanooga, and so the place I used to go to that only did beer (bottles and 4-5 on tap) now does full-on liquor...all the bottles, all the mirrors, all the different glasses, etc. Was news to me.

Everyone was drinking whiskey shots and I just heard nothing but whiskey talk/debate for about two hours straight.

People really get into it. This one (drunk) old bat was haranguing the bartender (a sober bat) because she didn't have some brand I'd never even heard of (and that I'm pretty sure the drunk bat was mispronouncing anyway). The level of catty, passive-aggressive venom tossed back-and-forth between these two got funnier as it went on.

"Am I about to see too dingy, skeezy broads get into a fight over what whiskey is ordered/stocked here? Damn, I hope!". Because, as I learned from Seinfeld, there's always the possibility of shirts coming off.

Fingers were crossed, but the drunk bat's boyfriend/husband finally dragged her away.

Of all things to be a hard-case over.

"Why ain't you sumbitches got no good whiskey up in this fuckin' place?" - honest-to-goodness direct quote, which should give you an idea of the kinds of places I hang out.

Stay classy, lady. She's probably teaching Sunday school somewhere tomorrow morning.

It'll be months before I venture out again; people are even more stupid/obnoxious than I remember.

So, yeah...whiskey.