View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-12, 10:42

She’s an idiot. Have your opinions/beliefs, I don’t care. God knows I hear wacky, misinformed and hateful shit from the Left on a constant, ongoing basis. I usually just tune it out (or don’t seek it out to begin with, not being on social media or a fan of those kinds of discussions/debates). At 52, I’m not interested in Twitter slap fights with people I’m never going to agree with (and vice versa).

But she’s been around long enough to know that if you’re going to work in showbiz/entertainment and you tilt right-of-center, either keep your mouth shut entirely on social media or temper/rein in some of your goofier thoughts/opinions. Because you will not get the grace or wiggle room in that industry that a “woke”, line-toeing progressive will. That’s just true.

And that’s fine...the arts typically aren’t made up, or a hotbed, of conservative, right-leaning thought/mindset. But there are successful conservatives in showbiz who’ve obviously learned how to thread that needle.

Nobody has to blab their mouths on Twitter. It’s not a “right” or “obligation”. It’s a choice, and if she wanted to roll that dice, that’s her call.

But she just talked herself out of a nice, fun and, I imagine, well-paying gig that she could’ve ridden to some nice heights in the years to come.

Who in that town/industry is going to hire her now?

I don’t feel sorry for her...she shot herself in the foot. But I enjoyed her character.

I suppose a recasting wouldn’t be out of the question. They can probably find someone physically similar without all the baggage. Happens all the time.

My gut is that’s what they’ll do.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-12 at 11:11.