View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-14, 16:27

Make it better then. But if it's anything like ones from the past year or so, it's probably got a chiding, finger-wagging "shame on you" angle to it.

I'm sorry I didn't like The Rise of Skywalker*...but you're really going to have to get past that at some point. It's been over a year now, FFS. Feel free to let me up any time.

I wasn't even talking about it. My post was about some dingbat whining about a trophy, demanding an apology over a celebration that has nothing to do with her. Ken ran with it and brought up other things.

But your "point" seemed to be that "virtue-signaling" is a term used by some to describe a particular practice, but because those who typically use it (decidedly non-Woke™ right-of-center types), it's no doubt viewed as a triggering dog whistle (or however the fuck people talk ) to many, and, therefore, doesn't count. Or is outmoded, or seen as a bad thing. Hell, it's probably been linked to the January 6 dipshits by now, I suppose. I wouldn't doubt it.

That's my point.

I don't care. I really don't. Somewhere between you and me probably lies the perfect citizen of the world (and they're probably closer to you than me...fair enough?). God bless 'em.

*I originally wrote that as The Last Skywalker, which worked too even if it wasn't the correct title.

In all seriousness, drew...if you weren't one of my all-time favorite people here, I wouldn't even engage at all. I hope you know none of the above is meant in a truly mean, hateful manner. I'm just poking you because a) I like you, b) I know you can take it, and c) I've been on the receiving end of yours and I didn't melt/implode either. I don't want there to be any confusion or misunderstanding on that. If I didn't like/respect you, we wouldn't even be talking. Ever, about anything.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-14 at 17:08.