View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-17, 16:23

I know.

Speaking of Tony Soprano, there's some sort of pending origin story (movie or series?) about him on the horizon as well. I think mainly centering around his dad and Uncle Junior, but I know a younger (teenage?) Tony factors in as well. I've read a few things about it. "Saints of" something...New Jersey? Or some city name.

That was a great show, one of the best ever made. I know all about Tony and Walter, don't worry.

I just think these trends hitting at once are a little funny. These "villain origin stories" weren't a thing, until they were. And, a few years from now, it'll be played out and on to something else. That's why I'm betting we're in for quite a few more before the milk runs dry. I had no idea a Cruella de Vil, pre-puppy, movie was coming. It surprised me this morning, showing up in my news listing/feed. I did a double-take when I saw the thumbnail/headline.

Disney has a lot to pull from, if they want...Scar, Ursula, various witches, the hunter who shot Bambi's mom, etc.

And I still like my 1930's good/evil and black/white stuff (it's why I enjoy Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Rocketeer and stuff like that, as well as that space move from 1977). Being clear-cut and obvious isn't automatically a bad thing either. I can, and do, appreciate both. There's room for it all, done well (The Sopranos, Taxi Driver). I love Taxi Driver as much as I hate Joker, which is weird since they're kinda similar in many ways. But one works for me, one just doesn't. *shrug*

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-17 at 16:35.