View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-24, 10:24

I won't argue with what you are saying. Generally that is how we make good decisions. We look at cost/risk. We assume the risk of covid is worse than that of the vaccine. It is why I got so many shots in the military. However, this still doesn't educate me (or anyone) on why it is actually a good thing and a safe thing.

I spent my military career blindly accepting what leaders ordered. It was what I signed up for and I'm more than willing to comply since I raised my right hand free of coercion. However, since getting out I tend to not just be a sheep and like to know what I'm making a choice on when it has the potential to bring longer term issues.

I can roll the dice that if I got covid it would likely not be pleasant, but also not likely life threatening. What do I know about any of the three vaccines being offered here in the States? They are made by greedy companies who want to make money and keep me as a paying client. Is it cynical, yes but it is also accurate.

I'm not suggesting that the scientists working on these vaccines aren't putting their lives into this whole heartedly to bring about an end the the pandemic and even future cures for even the cold. I have a huge amount of respect for them and the work they are doing... as reported to the public via others. I don't personally know anyone working on a vaccine.

So yeah, it is a trust issue. This is why I mentioned it in the OP. Ignorance is fixable, but how do we fix it in this case? I did some DuckDuckGo searches and of course I was greeted with two options: Satan in my veins or the salvation of the world. Neither really had facts, just conjecture. Sure there vaccine side said the people who got it didn't get as sick or sick at all... but what makes this vaccine actually safe?

There is a bunch of fluid in that syringe and it isn't all mRNA. What is in the fluid? Is it actually safe or "safe in the dose given" kind of thing?

So again, I'm just trying to get educated and be able to educate others. Most of the people I've talked to are hesitant on getting the vaccine because it is so new they don't trust it. Education helps form trust.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.