View Single Post
¡Damned!

2005-12-07, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yochanan
...I'm still in a spot as my important adjustments are to my CMYK file, and his advice seems to be designed to produce a fine RGB file.
No, sorry, I should have explained that a little better. My assumption was (and after re-reading your OP I might've been mistaken) that you'd still like to have two 'identical looking' files in RGB and CMYK after you make your colour adjustments. I was just stating that you'd have to start with your CMYK file to get this to happen, as a CMYK file can be turned to RGB without any noticeable colour change, not the other way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yochanan
I only concern myself with the RGB file as it's easier to adjust the colors to my liking. Knowing I have a fine RGB color adjusted file, I imagined being able to lift the settings that make it a fine RGB color adjusted file and stamp them onto a CMYK file.
Yes, the RGB image is much easier to adjust and can produce results much more vibrant and immediately pleasing than a CMYK image. And no, you're not going to able to get those settings to work on your CMYK file.

As curiousuburb mentions, it's very difficult to get an accurately adjusted CMYK image on an RGB device (ie: computer monitor). Unless you've got buttloads of money to spend on a Barco and some colour-calibration hardware you're going to have to go with the 'print-n-tweak' method.

Out of curiousity, what kind of printing will this image ultimately be reproduced by?

So it goes.