View Single Post
Freewell

2007-02-20, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
... The person who hates hearing about other people's kids is me, too
Yeah, I was pretty sure that was the case, ( I was too 'lazy' to go back and look it up at the moment!) but I figured there might be more than one of you out there!

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys. I really do appreciate it. I have been told for years that I should write, but always just brushed it aside and mentally dismissed such notions as coming from a biased audience. Finally this past summer, my mother-in-law (whom I love dearly) told my husband emphatically that I *really* needed to write and that he needed to prompt/prod me to do so. Now this lady is awesome, but she doesn't blow smoke or hand out casual compliments. It got my attention, so I signed up for the class I mentioned earlier. This semester I decided to take a basic English course. I figured there is so much that I need to learn, and I might as well brush up on the basics. That's one thing I learned being a music teacher... There is no such thing as an advanced mistake! Anyway, thanks again for the feedback and your encouraging words!