View Single Post
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2008-03-13, 12:56

Wow. I love my cable box DVR because I can timeshift programs to times that I can watch them at my own leisure. I also love the fact I can fast forward through commercials. I can watch my 'hour long' shows in less than 45 minutes.

Plus my kid loves to watch Bob The Builder. The only catch of course is it's on at 7:30AM when no one is home. Being able to replay it during his TV time at night means we don't have to watch a single BTB DVD over and over and over and over and over again because we can watch the morning broadcast.

The DVR has changed my TV viewing experience for the better. I wouldn't ever go back to only being able to watch my TV shows when the broadcasting companies want me to. If Apple can make it as cool to use a DVR as they have things like phones, computers and portable music listening devices then I'm all for it.

God, I can't imagine going back to the old way having to sit through commercials just to watch a TV show. That's like going back to B&W TVs or not having remote control or something.