View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-06-12, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
Wow, I do like the look of that. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm thinking of getting one too.
Do it! The Kindle and Kindle DX are so worth it. Other e-book readers are (slightly) cheaper but nothing comes close to the Kindle and the convenience of its "buy anywhere" bookstore. It was genius, on Amazon's part.

You don't think you'll use it much - after all, how many books do you buy, really? You can side-load them from your PC just as easily, right? That's what I thought, using my Sony Reader. But then my friend got a Kindle and now I'm hooked.

One word: samples. (Being able to think of a book and get a free chapter, instantly, anywhere is awesome.)

OK, another: Wikipedia.

And three more: Free web browsing.

Plus, she assures me that when books are so OMFG cheap, like they are on the Kindle, you buy more of them.

(My mom wants to buy a set of hardcover classics. I tried pointing out to her that they're all public domain anyway, and she could easily save money by buying a Kindle and then she'd be able to carry all of them with her everywhere! And it would save trees. Her response? "Well, we have lots of trees." WTF? I don't understand how someone who claims to love nature so much can apparently not give a shit about it. )

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong