View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-02, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I really hope that by staying spoiler-free, there will be something in this movie that truly rises above and makes these two previous entries seem worth it all. Tall order, I realize. Considering who's at the helm - both the movie itself, and the overall "vision" - I honestly, based on 2015, can't imagine this being anything other than a stylized, slightly-tweaked/updated retelling of ROTJ (Lando, Palpatine, desert floating skiffs, Death Star II, red-costumed bad guys and what appears to be three large battles - air, ground and dueling sabers - are all confirmed via the various trailers and TV promos). And I'm going to go ahead and guess/predict that Ewoks/Endor, Kylo "turning"/redeeming himself (a la Vader), Lando leading the fleet in the Falcon, Tattooine, a Fett/Slave I cameo/reference, a burping space animal of some sort, a big Rancor-like threat/obstacle that gets killed in a low-tech/clever way and Force ghosts (all of 'em that bear on this saga...Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace Windu and Luke and all making a smiling-at-Rey appearance just before the closing shot) will all factor in at some point.
This is where all my marbles have been bet. JJ Abrams only knows how to make what has already been made.