View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2012-03-20, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Holy shibnitz, I think they're *serious* about this whole 'book' thing...

http://www.amazon.com/Elemental-Desi...7136571&sr=8-1

This whole 'book' thing is very exciting. I wish to offer the most intense congratulations on your completion of this remarkable work. The relief must be positively massive.

I thought the "book description" at this link was very clearly written and quite understandable, even for those who don't have even a shred of a clue. I doubt that I'll be buying a copy, however. Maybe I could visit one at a bookstore one of these days though.

In the meantime, any chance you could quote a few lines from Grady's foreward? (Or, even better, quote the *whole* foreward?) I'm positively *dying* to read what he says, especially since I remember waaay back to when you first met him at that conference. (Was it in Philly?) And you went up and introduced yourself to him after he finished speaking. And you told me that he was a god-like being. heh

And I can't help thinking back to those days when you were sleeping on a cot in your graduate-student office in NC and procrastinating wrt working on your dissertation by hanging out at AI at 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning. I guess that must have been in the fall of 2003, wasn't it? Before the birth of AN.

Well, anyway, as I said, this is all very exciting.

Last edited by Windswept : 2012-03-22 at 18:20.