View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-09-19, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR View Post
I'm pretty addicted to "Alioli", a Catalan garlic mayonnaise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allioli

Typically it is served with grilled lamb or sausage, or with fideua (a kind-of paella made with small pieces of pasta instead of rice). However, my addiction forces me to have a bit of it on almost anything/everything - it is especially good on the side of a plate of spaghetti tossed simply with good olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper and either fresh basil or parsely or a pinch of dried oregano, and parmesan. Also orgasmic with roasted chicken and/or roasted potatoes.
You know what, AWR, I think fresh garlic itself is addictive, I really do. Whenever I make my special meatball recipe for spaghetti and meatballs, I put a ton of fresh chopped garlic in the mixture. Well, not 'really' a ton, but about a billion times more than the written recipe mentions. And then, I become addicted to the meatballs. I've concluded that it has to be the garlic. What a wondrous substance it is. And with significant health properties too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Coffee anyone?

Oh, god, how could I have forgotten coffee. Good fresh coffee is just to die for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yup. My roommate is tired of me brewing a put of coffee every morning while he's asleep. Not my fault he doesn't have any morning classes.

I drink a mug-full in my dorm and then fill up my travel thermos for class. I'm always the only awake person in 8:30 calculus.
Seriously, without coffee, I don't see how anyone can get through college. That said, I tried never to schedule any class before, say, 10:00am, though my Russian professor always scheduled our Russian classes for Tue/Thurs at 9:00am. And I had four years of those damned early Russian classes. Almost annoying enough to drop them, but since it was my minor, I stuck it out. Definitely not a morning person, given a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I'm eating shelled peanuts right now, and I can't stop. Does that count? Every time I think "I'm done...last one", I reach over and grab another pile.

The freaky thing is that I'm not even at a baseball game, which is the only place I really eat them.

Ah, but peanuts are *really* good for you. The oil is excellent, and the protein is good, so I wouldn't feel guilty at all if I were you. Yep, I only eat them at baseball games too. At $4 per bag, they're a fairly reasonable snack, compared to the other outrageous ballpark prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
I'm addicted to murbot.
Yikes!

You're kidding, right?