Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2009-12-06, 13:10

we are a two vehicle family....my wife has a car (a camry), i have 2 scooters and 2 bikes....i do fine day to day without a car of my own

if i get a car in the next couple of years (coming up on 50 soon enough and probably could use a "covered" ride for winter and such) it will be an all electric...

fuck gas, fuck oil, fuck internal combustion engines...

electric will be good for daily commuting, and we have the dino car for the rare long trips (plus she will be changing out the camry in a couple of years for a hybrid)

the range is short now, but fine for my usage...and i see battery tech going like computer chip tech...in 5 years it will be double....5 years double again...
by 2020 you will be able to go 400 miles on a single charge...and will have fast charging stations across the country...

so gas cars will go the way of beta tapes (and vhs tapes too)

gas cars have had a surprisingly long run, but i imagine my grand kids won't ever own a gas car and my great grand kids won't even know what a gas car was except if they happen to see mystery science theater 10,000 doing a rip on zoolander...and then they will be horrified that people actually put flammable, explosive fluid into a large tank in their car...

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough