Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2009-12-21, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
It's really the "never improved on" part that's the problem. Hence Quag's "other divisions got jealous" bit, which is one of the few GM-related Quag quotes I'll totally agree with.
Oh come on, my other quotes were 100% truth as well. I swear there was no bias ever.

Quote:
The entire dealer model is archaic, IMO, but especially GM's "we're slaves to our dealers" arrangement. Your Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealers are telling you they want a more affordable product? You tell them to STFU because they aren't low-end dealers, they chose not to be -- do Lexus dealers demand econoboxes to move? Unfortunately, GM told them "Sure!" and build the Pontiac G3, a clone of the Aveo that exactly zero people asked for. And then they spent money trying to make people ask for it.
I seriously don't know what GM was thinking with the G3. I know GM reluctantly gave them the G5, but that was a deal with the dealers. Pontiac dealers would merge with GMC and Buick if they got the G5. That is why I hate dealers so much. Pontiac dealers couldn't stand that Pontiac was going to become a niche brand of RWD cars. The dealers still wanted a mainstream rebadged Chevy to shove down our throats, which is why I support abolishing the independent dealer network system. The automakers should be able to open corporate dealers. It would give the automakers direct control over the quality and type of service the consumer gets. No more dealers trying to screw the consumer with mark ups( they added $5K in mark ups to the G8 which helped it fail), no more dealers screwing consumers with ridiculous service where your car needs, " Such and such" when it really doesn't. When there is a bad independent dealer which screws over a customer, they don't know the dealer is independent and think that is how GM treats their customers.

giggity