View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-12, 16:37

First official look (not much of one, be warned) of the Obi-Wan Kenobi show coming to Disney+ in 2022.

To my knowledge, the main, live-action stuff has already been filmed, so the clean-shaven Ewan in the interview clips above make sense...he's done all his stuff and the beard can go away (for a while). I bet they aged him a tad for the show, maybe a little (some silvering, plus he's older now, by 16+ real-life years, than the last time we saw him in that character, so Mother Nature should take care of a few of those details as well (depending on when, exactly, the show is set).

There's also footage of Hayden lightsaber training, so that tells me that Vader and Obi-Wan's "re-match" on the Death Star in Episode 4 may not have been the first time they met/dueled since Mustafar (unless Vader is using his saber on others in the series - Jedi in hiding, co-workers who've pissed him off, etc. - and has no direct scenes/contact with Obi-Wan in this show).

However, the two of them talking/connecting via the Force can't be ruled out. We've already seen this is a thing (that deleted ROTJ clip of Vader calling out to Luke as Luke is putting the finishing touches on his new lightsaber in that cave). If the Force allows blue glowing ghosts to pop up and talk/interact with living characters, then you have to believe it can act as a direct party-line for living Force users to ring each other up (those scenes of Rey and Kylo Force-sexting in episodes 8 and 9).

So that might be one of the "hooks" for this Obi-Wan show...Vader and Obi-Wan occasionally reach out to taunt, guilt-trip, trash-talk, threaten, etc. each other?

"Hey, Darth-y...what has no legs, one arm and is black all over?"

"I give up, Kenobi. What?"

"YOU, motherfu..."

Anyway, lots of production art and McGregor seems to be his usual enthusiastic, cool self. (he's the best thing, by far, to ever come from the prequel trilogy, so if they had to bring anything/anyone back, I'm glad it's him).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-11-12 at 17:15.