View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-13, 18:36

Yeah. This and the car, I just can't get excited about.

This AR/VR stuff, aside from the goofy things I talk about above and a few other specific things mentioned here, just seems too limited-appeal to float a whole other product category. I know better than to bet against Apple, but I also can look around. The iPhone absolutely solved a problem/filled a need. This thing, in some broad, mainstream way? I don't see it. For all the reasons chucker and Ken lay out.

Not saying it couldn't ever be a thing, but I think, as I said above, when it comes out in a less stupid-looking, obvious form/design. Outside of a few niche cases - gaming, etc. - people just aren't going to walk around with big, goofy-looking stuff on their head.

We all laughed at that Google glass stuff. It's no cooler just because it has an Apple logo on it.

Beyond all that, what true need - not "want" - does it fill or address?

And this isn't me being "old man" (I was in on the iPhone from day one, the day it was announced, and was one of the first batch of people in Chattanooga to own one that following summer). This is just "what's it supposed to really do or be for?"

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-12-13 at 19:29. Reason: Changed "bet on Apple" to "bet against Apple" :D