View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-01, 23:52

Exactly.

It wasn't bad or anything like that (it would have to go a long way to be "Star Wars bad", IMO, and I'm not expecting that from this bunch), but I kinda expected a little more, I guess.

Took a long, roundabout way for him to just get handed some water...and I would've cracked that stick over that sandkid's head for being such an annoying little twerp.

I think this next episode will tell the tale and give a better impression. We've gotten all the "so what happened after he went into the pit?" stuff out of the way now, so maybe they'll get into the current-day stuff with the various local businesses, crime lords/gangsters, etc. and it might really find its groove.

I'm curious to see if it all stays centered on Tatooine, or, if at any point, the two of them travel elsewhere for some reason or another? Seems like they're trying to establish themselves on Tatooine, taking over Jabba's racket, so it wouldn't surprise me if the series stayed here, and stuck to ground level (but I do hope to see his ship a few times).

PS - I officially predict a cameo of the buckethead variety before it's all over. Either Mando, or Bo-Katan and her bunch. They're all in this universe/timeline together (9 ABY) and have some overlapping interests. They're going to cross paths, surely. Put me down for $5.

If my discussion re: the timeline (the events in this show taking place between episodes 14 and 15 of The Mandalorian) holds any water, then there's a solid chance some familar faces - helmet(s) - could pop up between by the time the final episode airs in early February. And there's a wild card shot that Ahsoka Tano could, because she's in that mix too. She's looking for someone; there's probably worse people to ask for help than a legendary bounty hunter/tracker with ties all over the galaxy.

Perhaps the final episode/closing scene of this show kinda helps set up her upcoming series (the way the final episode of The Mandalorian had that surprise, out-of-nowhere Book of Boba Fett tease last year).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-01-02 at 00:10.