View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-01-06, 13:03

Jess and I watched it last night. I don't have time for a long rundown, but we enjoyed it.

Personally, I love the old-west, "cowboys and Indians" vibe of the show. We had us the old "tied at the stake" routine, fighting with the tribe's best warriors, a long walk in the desert with no water, the "coming of age" where the "white man" learns the ways of the "red man", the pesky "train through the territory", a good, old fashioned "chase down the train on our horses" robbery, some "you ain't come through here without some beads next time, ya hear me, pard?" ne-goat-chee-aytin'. It's fun!

Any minute now I'm expecting that Tusken Raider "Chief" to offer Boba a female! I mean, I am curious about some things.

Between Mando and Boba, I'm convinced that Favreau and Filoni are taking Star Wars back to those old serials that George Lucas was always talking about, but instead of Sci-Fi stuff, it's the Wild Wild West!

I like it, but I agree that the story is evolving a bit too slowly. It seems to be more of a "what Boba went through" show than a "what Boba is" show.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)