View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-06, 13:44

It is very Western-y, which I don't mind a bit. I love Westerns...40's, 50's, 60', the spaghetti stuff, the 70's "rethinking" (where nobody wore white or black hats, and the "hero" was as low-down and mean as any villain), modern stuff like Unforgiven, Open Range. Yeah, anything set in a desert with gunplay, trains, holsters, saloons, showdowns, horse riding, fights, etc. I'm gonna watch...space-based or otherwise.

I probably won't watch Rust, but hey...

When that train showed up (I thought it was a big worm/lizard at first..."haven't we done this already?"), I was like "well that's something I wasn't expecting." How many people fell off that thing? A dozen or more, at least.

I like how the controls were kinda old-timey steam-engine looking, mixed with space/SW tech. And the engineer jumping out and spider-walking away. Shades of Generous Grievous...bailing the scene while walking in a weird way.

Yeah, people jumping from horses to trains - and having gun/fist-fights on top while jumping from car to car - is certainly a Western thing. They did a Star Wars take on it here...speeder-based vehicles, blasters, high speed, questionable marksmanship from the bad guys, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I like it, but I agree that the story is evolving a bit too slowly. It seems to be more of a "what Boba went through" show than a "what Boba is" show.
Exactly. And I just think the "what Boba went through" would've made a fine, episode one-only story, as I said a few posts up. But if they're going to drag that out over all seven episodes, and dividing each episode completely in half - part current Mos Espa stuff, part "five years ago" - that's gonna be a bite. That's a momentum strangler, IMO. I don't mind flashbacks one bit. I just don't like them ongoing, and unpredictably popping up when the thing it's interrupting is trying to get going, that's all. His whole "from Sarlacc to junior honorary Sandperson" thing would've been a cool, single "episode 1" series opener, I think. Jumping back to it, ongoing, is making it impossible for the Boba/Fennec/Mos Espa story to fully kick in and spin up. And I truly think that's what most folks are interested in; that's how the teaser/premise was presented, him walking in and shooting Bib Fortuna and sitting on Jabba's throne with his loyal sidekick. I wasn't expecting so much of the other, Dances with Banthas thing.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-01-06 at 14:00.